Monday, December 31, 2018

2019 - Expectations

More self-reflection

Instead of using time management to perform tasks, I'd like to use more time for self-reflection and reviewing past situations. This will result in doing fewer things but doing more important things better. The two main tools for self-reflection will be writing a private diary and using NLP to review various human relationship encounters from optimistic and forward-looking perspective on how to communicate to others more efffectively in a way that the other people understand and are able to receive.

Minor tasks from 2018

In 2018 I set a challenge for myself to read a book in all foreign languages I know. For one language, German, there are still 320 pages to read. I'm also planning to take the HSK test in March. In addition I've promised to take a work-related certification examination (AWS Certified Developer - Associate.) I'll set more detailed SMART (specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and timed) goals for 2019 once these are off my plate in February.

The Year of Love

In 2019 I intend to make determined effort that girls are attracted to me. If the girls are not permanently attracted to me in a romantic relationship thanks to my handsome height (163cm), athletic weightlifter's physique (able to bench 50kg), extroverted salesman's flirt (trained by years of software developement outside customer interface) and socioeconomic status as a leader of men (still on suorittava porras after 15 years in the IT industry) then at least I can make them attracted to me by the hour in a transactional relationship in exchange to a fraction of the monthly salary I earn.

Summer Cottage

In 2018 I've been regularly using my father's former house as a summer cottage. Having visited it every 3 weeks I've decided that I want to own a cottage also after my father's former residence in Pori is sold.

Fundamentally, the decision is as much based on feelings than rational justifications.

  • I've visited the temporary summer cottage monthly, so I know I will find use for the actual one.
  • I'm simply more happy waking up in the cottage in the countryside, looking outside from the window to see my own seeing garden instead of someone else's blocks concrete.
  • Time log consistently shows that I get more done in cottage weekends. The 2 main factors causing this are: (1) in cottage I exercise more because of "hyötyliikunta" like clearing willows from ditch-sides or cutting grass and (2) less temptation to spend the whole day in playing some stupid computer game, thanks to more options in the cottage.
  • I've dream about what I will do with my own house for a long time, although it is still unclear what part of these dreams are daydreams and which once I'll actually implement. Hopefully we'll see that in Review of 2019.

No comments: